Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

We just tried this today! It was amazing!
Serves 4

3 cups chicken broth
2 chicken breasts uncooked
1/2 onion, diced
1 can corn
1 can black beans
2 green onions, diced
28 oz can of diced tomatoes in juice
1 cup diced celery and carrots
3 cloves of garlic, chop very fine (I used my food processor)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
 grated cheese
tortilla chips

1. Throw chicken broth, chicken (I just trimmed off the fat and threw it in), onion, corn, black beans, green onions, tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, and spices into crock pot.
2. Let cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
3. Right before eating, pull chicken out and shred it and throw it back in. Let it reheat for a few minutes.
4. Dish up into bowls and put some cheese and tortilla chips on top (or I just use the chips as my spoon!)

Adapted from the recipe at this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment