Sunday, June 23, 2013

Crockpot Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread
1 can of jumbo biscuits
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1/4 c. melted butter
1 large plastic baggie

Glaze
1 stick of butter
1-2 c powdered sugar
1 T. vanilla**

Monkey Bread Instructions
Mix sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in large plastic baggie. Cut biscuits into fourths. Dip each piece in butter and place in baggie.  Shake bag to cover biscuits pieces in sugar mixture.  Spray crockpot with oil, place biscuits in crockpot (it's okay for them to be touching and to be on top of each other but I like to stay away from the sides of the crockpot to prevent burning the edges of the biscuits). Let cook for 1.5 to 2 hours and enjoy the smell filling your home.  Serve with glaze if wanted.  I will say they are amazing but the glaze makes it a 100 x's better.

Glaze Instructions
Melt butter on medium heat on the stove.  Slowly add the desired amount of powdered sugar (typically I use almost 2 cups before I like the thickness and taste but to each his own). Remove from heat, add vanilla.  Pour over monkey bread and embrace all those lovely calories.  Don't worry, every calorie is completely worth it in my opinion! Enjoy!!

**I am a person who really enjoys the taste of vanilla so I found some vanilla that I absolutely love!!  It is vanilla bean paste.  I get this kind. It is fantastic, really brings out the vanilla flavor and you can use less than what the recipe calls for (I don't because like I said, I really enjoy vanilla). It costs a bit more than the regular vanilla but it lasts forever. Totally worth it in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment